Sunday, August 5, 2012

(Benihana Birthday)


For my dad's 72nd birthday this year we took them to Benihana. They've never been and thought it was both delicious and fun. I think they've been to a teppanyaki place like this before but each chain has it's show characteristics. So much so that my foodie kids claimed Tanaka of Tokyo in Hawaii is better.


When we visited Hawaii earlier this year, we took them for their first time to Tanaka of Tokyo. It was where Moi and I had our first date 12 years ago. Kainani was most impressed with the personality of the chef, the fire volcano and the yummy food. She was the one that said let's go again.


Here at Benihana in Carlsbad, the chef was experienced and skilled but didn't crack jokes or have as much interaction with the audience. In the end, the food made up for it and was delicious ... steak, shrimp, scallops. Yum!


Scrapbooking this was most fun. I tried to keep a more masculine feel with the blues and plaid since the theme was my dad's birthday. Still had to include some fun bling, but overall a simple design.  



No comments: