Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Prompt 12-Favorite Places


Today's prompt asks what are your favorite places? Document them.

For me that's easy. I've been so blessed to have lived in some amazing places and each place will forever have a spot in my heart.

Right now we call Oceanside CA home. This gorgeous pier and beach sunset view we get to see almost daily. Our train commute to work is along the coast and drops us off here every weeknight. Most beautiful in the fall and winter once the summer crowds are gone.

Paris ... what's not to love. Je parle le francais. J'aime bien Paris! The culture, the food, the language, the hustle and bustle of big city life. That part of me still exists to desire exciting big city life.

Japan was a short stay so many years ago. I dream of returning with the family some day. Until then I remember most the kindness of the people, the history, the food and like a first love you never truly forget, this was my first adventure in travel.

Hawaii you have the biggest part of my heart. I saved the best for last and am sure I will return to you one day. Life in Hawaii holds so many memories, good and bad, but having lived there, it's evidently always going to stay with me. The easygoing lifestyle, the weather and the beach and the mountains, the ono foods, the people that are our ohana, this place feels like coming home again.

Challenge idea came from here.


No comments: