Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holiday Event: Girl Scout Investiture


Our first year as Girl Scout co-leaders, we had the pleasure of getting our official pins at the leader holiday party slash Investiture. It was an honor to be called "official" and a fun little challenge to cite the Girl Scout Promise on our own without the girls screaming it out loud to us.
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.


The candles all symbolize a part of the Girl Scout Law:
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.


Getting pinned by a current leader.


We are official!!!


Fellow leaders showing us their support and offering to help as we embark on this journey. Wish I could say I feel brave but really I feel like I owe it to my daughter ... her sisters found troops to join and she could not ... so if we didn't start our own, she would be left out. Here's to the journey all starting with a single step ... our investiture!

No comments: